September 23, 2008
Two DVDs worth mentioning that hit stores today are "Pathology" and Dario Argento's "The Mother of Tears" (click here for our advance review).
Coming off the heels of all-too-brief theatrical runs, the two films are gearing up for more successful runs on DVD.
In "Pathology," Milo Ventimiglia plays a brilliant medical student with a promising future in forensics. But when he joins the nation's most prestigious pathology program, he unknowingly becomes a pawn in a terrifying game of death and destruction as his fellow students use their razor-sharp skills to commit unthinkable murders. When the pathological secrets of his colleagues begin to unfold, Ted quickly realizes that what he doesnâ??t know... could kill him.
The "Pathology" DVD is presented in widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) with English Dolby Surround 5.1 and Spanish Dolby Surround, plus English and Spanish subtitles. Bonus content includes:
- Commentary by Director Marc Schoelermann and writers/producers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor
- The Cause of Death: A Conversation with Pathologist Craig Harvey featurette
- “Unintended Consequences” music video by Legion of Doom vs Triune
- Deleted & Alternate Scenes
"The Mother of Tears," of course, is the third in a trilogy of films of about the "Three Mothers," which began with "Suspiria." Special features include:
- Making-of Mother of Tears featurette
- A Conversation with Legendary Filmmaker Dario Argento featurette Trailers
Talk about this story on ESplatter's Message Board
Gotta scoop? Drop a line to Lucius Gore, editor